Obama became president by promising “change” and change is what we got. However while those who didn’t vote for Obama feared the kind of change that would occur with Obama as president, many of his supporters ignored what he said he would do as president to the detriment of us all and voted with their hearts and not with their heads.
Never in the history of our country has a president sought and succeeded in achieving revolutionary changes in a system of government as has Obama as president together with a compliant congress dominated by extreme leftists of like mind – you might call this “the perfect storm” in it’s cataclysmic results.
It is interesting to review what Obama has done to our country in much less than one year and what he plans for us; consider this:
1. President Obama has placed the federal government in control of both the mortgage and the banking industries and 19 of Americas largest banks have been supervised by the federal government in unparallel ways while being forced to undergo stress tests by the federal government to decide if they are sufficiently capitalized according to new government standards.
2. The federal government has become the largest shareholder in automakers General Motors and Chrysler and has fired the CEOs of these companies while appointing executives in their place with absolutely no experience in the auto industry and dictating what executive compensation will be without the approval of the Board of Directors or share holders.
3. President Obama has appointed 44 “Czars” (at last count) without congressional approval who are accountable only to him, not congress or the voters, and have control over a wide range of federal policy decisions. Among these Czars are a Stimulus Accountability Czar, an Urban Czar, a Compensation Czar, an Iran Czar, an Auto Industry Czar, a Cyber Security Czar, an Energy Czar, a Bank Bailout Czar, and dozens of other government bureaucrats with unchecked regulatory powers over domestic and foreign policies and some of clearly Marxist ideology.
4. President Obama has increase the federal deficit by trillions of dollars triple the $454.8 billion deficit in 2008 for which the previous administration was highly criticized by Obama and his fellow Democrats. Obama and the Democrat-dominated congress approved a $3.53 trillion federal budget for fiscal 2010 when our gross domestic product is only about $14 trillion (before Obama, no telling what it is now) and the projected deficit over the next ten years is greater than $10 trillion.
5. The Obama Justice Department has ordered FBI agents to read Miranda rights to high-value detainees captured on the battlefield and held at US military detention facilities in Afghanistan. Obama ordered the closing of the Guantanamo detention facility with no plan for the disposition of the 200-plus individuals held there and several of the suspected terrorists at Guantanamo were sent to live in freedom in Bermuda at the expense of the US government while our returning US veterans are labeled terrorists and put on a watch list.
6. The Obama Justice Department has appointed a special prosecutor to investigate whether CIA agents broke the law (what law?) interrogating captured terrorists, including the mastermind of the 9/11 attack on our country, to elicit information about the attackers and plans for future attacks.
7. Under President Obama the federal government has sought powers to seize key companies whose purported failures could jeopardize the financial system, as solely determined by the federal government. Obama has proposed a new regulatory agency to control loans, credit cards, mortgage-backed securities, and other financial products offered to the public.
8. Obama traveled around the world early in his term to apologize for Americas past imperialist” actions, gave a speech in the Middle East lauding the (false) contributions of Muslims in America while bowing before the Saudi king, and repeatedly apologized for Americas past actions. Obama also traveled to South America, embraced Hugo Chavez and sat passively in the audience while Nicaraguan Marxist Daniel Ortega charged America with terrorist aggression in Central America.
9. It’s no secret that Obama and his new Marxist appointee to the FCC now want to dismantle conservative talk radio through the imposition of a new Fairness Doctrine-like regulations without congressional consent and to curtail the First Amendment rights of those who may disagree with his policies via internet blogs, cable news networks, radio or advocacy ads.
10. Obama and the Justice Department want to limit our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms and Obama appointed a Justice to the Supreme Court with a record of limiting Second Amendment rights. The Obama Attorney General wants to eliminate the sale of virtually all handguns and ammunition, which most citizens choose for self-defense.
11. Obama has a plan to eliminate states’ rights guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment and give the federal government sweeping new powers over policies currently under the province of local and state governments and voted on by the people such as controlling the schools, energy production, the environment, health care, and the wealth of every American and to “spread the wealth” ala Marxist philosophy.
12. Obama has repeatedly ignored the Constitution by seizing powers which the founders of our country fought to restrict.
13. Obama insists upon destroying our health care industry by law with draconian limitations on medical providers and the public such that the 185 million here with health care coverage would have their health care diminished in order to provide health insurance to about 10 to 15 million who have no health insurance despite the fact that they are not now being deprived of health care when needed.
14. At Obama’s urging laws are being passed (one has already been passed by the House, “Cap and Trade”) that will drastically curtail the life style of Americans while grossly increasing costs of everything literally from “soup to nuts” and especially electricity.
Obama campaigned on the promise of providing “hope and change” but in reality what he has given us is hopeless destruction of the fundamentals which have made the United States great and the envy of the world. Will Americans stand up against the Obama revolutionary changes now that they know what Obama really stands for or will they go meekly into the world that George Orwell described?