1. Enthusiastically promoted amnesty for illegal aliens, Social Security credit for illegal aliens, criminal trials for terrorists, stem-cell research on human embryos, crackpot global warming legislation and free speech-crushing campaign-finance laws ("McCain-Feingold" Law).
2. Opposed the Bush tax cuts; McCain said he was voting against Bush's tax cuts based on the idiotic talking point of the Democrats. "I cannot in good conscience," McCain said, "support a tax cut in which so many of the benefits go to the most fortunate among us at the expense of middle-class Americans who need tax relief."
3. Called the ads of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth "dishonest and dishonorable.”
4. McCain angrily denounced the suggestion that his "comprehensive immigration reform" constituted "amnesty" -- on the ludicrous grounds that it included a small fine.
5. McCain's amnesty bill would have immediately granted millions of newly legalized immigrants Social Security benefits. He even supported allowing work performed as an illegal to count toward Social Security benefits as recently as a vote in 2006 -- now adamantly denied by Mr. Straight Talk.
6. McCain joined with the Democrats in demanding trials for terrorists at Guantanamo, including a demand that the terrorists have full access to the intelligence files being used to prosecute them.
7. McCain opposed a marriage amendment to the Constitution.
8. McCain opposed water boarding terrorists.
9. McCain opposed drilling in Alaska.
10. Though McCain generally votes pro-life -- as his Arizona constituency requires -- he embraces the loony lingo of the pro-abortion set, repeatedly assuring his pals in the media that he opposes the repeal of Roe v. Wade because it would force women to undergo "illegal and dangerous operations." (Failing to mention the issue would then revert to the individual states to decide.)
[With thanks to Ann Coulter]